Since I’ve been performing and posting all of these experiments about Facebook, I figured why not give the other social media outlets some love? These are my beginning tips for twitter. Of course, I will be performing and posting an even more in-depth study later on. Here are my 8 secrets to being a belly dance rock star on twitter:
- Find other bellydancers and follow them- make sure they are active, no sense following those who aren’t
- Find other entertainers and follow them- they can be agents, musicians, painters, etc.
- Post at least once an hour- it may seem like a lot but the twitter feed is vast and not everyone is on at the same time. The hotspot seems to be during the noon-6pm EST timeframe
- Learn how to shorten your links- you only have a few characters use the google link shortener or another program to make your link as small as you can
- Don’t overuse hashtags- use them sparingly or for fun. Sometimes your hashtag can gain you followers.
- Don’t only post about bellydance. It doesn’t all have to be about dance- posting something about business or entertainment or the sports teams can gain you exposure and followers which can lead to clients.
- Give people a shotout- this is a great way to get your content featured on someone’s blog or newsletter. Give those you like a shoutout and they just might return the favor.
- Link your account to Instagram- both use few letters, hashtags and who doesn’t love photos?
So this is how you get to have over 700 twitter followers and be a bellydance rock star on twitter like me!