What is the best advice that we have received related to bellydance? Well,as promised here is part 2. I am so glad that there was so much to impart with this one! Get ready to smile everyone!
– Do the Work.
– Strengthen your shimmies.
– You don’t have to hit every beat. Slowing down and taking your time is perfectly acceptable.
– Stay in the moment.
– The audience wants you to succeed. They are not always out to judge you and figure out your mistakes. Usually the only one who knows you’ve made one is YOU. Ok, and perhaps your teacher.
– Always be professional.
-Be an eternal student.
-Be your own competition. The only person you should be comparing yourself to is yourself. You don’t know anyone else’s full story. We each have our own path to take.
– Be the conduit between the audience and the music.
-Smile and try to have fun!
-Dance from your heart and not your head. This ties in with overthinking and over choreographing.
– There is more to life than bellydance. Don’t forget to nurture the other parts of your life as well.
– Pay attention to your audience equally. This dance is as much for the women as it is the children and men!
– Practice safe technique. Train every move so that you don’t hurt yourself.
– Dance more. Talk less.
– Don’t play finger cymbals unless you can recognize the beat and play on it.
Well, that’s it. This was part 2. Of course I am sure there is much much more. If you have anything to add from your own experiences, please feel free to comment with it below!