That’s right; I have decided to invoke the power of spring with this blog post! I insist on thinking about warmer weather! Spring also means more traveling for bellydance, classes and performances. Hooray!
So, how do I prep for spring? Well, I’m happy to tell you. I have 5 ways that I get ready for a spring full of bellydance.
- Change up the moisturizer– now that it’s not frigid and cold, I won’t need the coat of Vaseline like moisturizer I’ve been using. That’s not to say that I won’t be helping my skin out, I switch up to a lighter moisturizer. If I’m feeling adventurous then I may use one that has a light tint to it to help give me that glow- Jergens makes a nice one that doesn’t stain my costumes or clothes.
- More Frizz control- with warmer weather comes more humidity and let’s just say you don’t want to see my curls without product! The spring calls for a heavier hair product that will not only combat the frizz but also keep the curl. The lines of products I use are by A&G and Paul Sebastian.
- Sweat proof makeup- Not that I don’t sweat when I perform in the winter but it’s usually more so in the spring and summer. The warmer temperatures offer no reprieve and also increase the propensity for outdoor- non air conditioned performances
- Colorful costumes- Dancers tend to follow trends; spring is when the brighter costumes come out. You’ll also see a lot of florals too. I find myself doing the same; In fact, I have a spring one in the works right now!
- Travel- Spring and summer are my biggest travel months. It’s a big time of the year for festivals and I try to make it to as many as I can- budget allowing. I try to get out of town and see other dancers and network. Done hibernating!
Those are my 5, what are yours? Please share! I may have to add some of the good ones to my list too!